Reminder: courses taken for the major require a letter grade.
Change of Major
If you are interested in changing your major, please complete these forms:
This form is required if you wish to pursue more than one major:
Spanish Language Requirement:
Our Spanish language requirement may be fulfilled in the following ways:
- Complete Spanish 3 at UCSB or its equivalent at another college or university.
- Achieve a score of 3 or higher on the College Board Advanced Placement Examination in Spanish
- Achieve a minimum score of 570 on the Spanish with Listening SAT Subject Test
- Complete the third year of Spanish in high school with a grade at least C.
- Pass a UCSB Spanish language placement examination with a minimum score of 374
- or AP Spanish Language score of 3 or higher.
Information on the UCSB Spanish Language Placement Exam is available here, link: http://www.spanport.ucsb.edu/undergrad/language-program/placement. Students should review the information on this website for current information about which exam to take, exam format, lab hours and location, etc.
This information is based on the most recent Letters and Science Academic Requirements (LASAR) document: http://www.duels.ucsb.edu/advising/planning/degree